Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!

The first redeeming quality of 2009 was that I got pregnant. The second redeeming quality of 2009 is that we both escaped with our jobs in tact. Otherwise, 2009 can suck it.

I feel much more excited about what 2010 holds in store for us, I just have a giddy, excited feeling. I'm sure much of it has to do with getting to meet this little lady currently playing trampoline on my bladder. I've never been so excited, except maybe when I went away to college. There's that same nervous excitement, mostly confident at tackling a new stage in life, yet still uncertain on if I/we're going to get through it unscathed.

I think we're going be ok....I'm looking at it as a new adventure.

The best news of the week is that my bedding shipped! After receiving an email from Target saying my bedding was delayed until at least January 29 earlier last week, Thursday I woke up to another email from Target saying they shipped the bedding! Confused? Me too, but I'll take it. Looks like we'll be able to at least paint the nursery this weekend and arrange the furniture so I can see where we can put some decals and get those ordered. After doing some "old school" photoshopping on a Target Baby Catalog, I think if this is the bedding I want to go with when it gets here, we're painting the room a bright pink. Will it be a lot of pink? Probably. But I think the white and green I'm throwing in with it will break it up a bit. Plus our furniture is a dark espresso and will add another element of color. So sue me on the pink overload. It might be my only chance to have a pink room and dammit, I'm taking advantage of it. When she's old enough to have an opinion on some "big girl" decor, she might want purple, green, teal, brown, who knows!

In other news, this rib pain is killing me. Do I really have 12 weeks to go? ::cries:: Sometimes its hard to breathe too. Having some crazy dreams too. Last night, I dreamt about breastfeeding. Apparently I produced Gatorade before my milk came in--just the lemon lime and orange flavors. I wonder what's in store tonight.....

No comments: