Wednesday, January 27, 2010

60 More Days!!!

Sixty more days and this little lady gets served an eviction notice if she isn't here yet. This is what 2 more months looks like on me.

I had my first experience with cankles last week. Thursday and Friday my feet and ankles swelled up big time - it looked like I had two sprained ankles. That was unpleasant, and from my perspective, crazy. Thankfully, I haven't had any major swelling this week. I got an empty Office Depot paper case and stuck it under my desk to use as a foot rest. I know that you should prop your feet up higher, but that's all we had around the office. I do think its helped as I've been able to use it more this week and haven't seen the swelling again. Hopefully it won't return.

We had our first childbirth class last Thursday. I am feeling a little better about the process. We watched a video about the basic stages of labor and I thought it was helpful to see what is in store--see what women go through, how they feel, etc. Justin wasn't too enthusiastic about it, but I thought the class certainly ended with a major WIN as a massage therapist came in to teach the men some massage techniques to help us relax. Tomorrow night is our second and last class. We're also taking a breastfeeding class on February 11.

This past weekend, I FINALLY decided what I wanted to do in the nursery. After perusing Roomzaar for hours on end, I decided I wanted paneling/molding or wainscotting. I thought that would decrease the obnoxiousness of having a bright pink nursery and make it look a little more grown up. Saturday and Sunday, Justin was in there sawing, nailing, caulking away. He complained a bit, even though he liked the idea, and I calmly told him that I'm carrying our little girl for 9 months, the LEAST he could do is spend a couple weekends slaving away to make her nursery fit for a little princess (even though I gagged at that "princess" phrase). We're doing paneling and picture frame molding on the bottom half of the room, which will be painted white. The top half and ceiling will be painted bright pink -- I still need to nail down a color. If it all looks as good in my head, I'm going to love it. I'd like to just wow you with the big reveal when its done, but you need something to compare it to. So here are some pictures of the current "construction zone". The paneling and molding is done, the room needs to be cleaned (of course) and primed and painted.

Here are pictures of "Weekend 1":


Please excuse Fudge's butt.

Now, I won't be able to do the tree decal I like, but I've found some branches with birds that will work. I'm very excited to get the furniture back in and start decorating and "nesting".

I super puffy heart Etsy right now. I could surf that site all day.

No comments: