Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I love my baby girl!

I love, love, love my baby girl so very much!

I am so completely and utterly amazed by everything she does, every smile she smiles. They still melt my heart.

I've been such a slacker at blogging yet again, but life has been getting in the way. When I get home from work, I want to spend every waking moment with S. I have to pay her daddy some attention too and spend time with him. I also, somehow, have to make time for ME. I feel pulled in a lot of different directions. But you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love being a mother.

Savannah started sleeping all through the night a few weeks ago. Hallelujah!! Not that she was difficult with one feeding at night. She is a phenomenal sleeper. I guess being prepared for the worst makes everything a little easier to handle. I would pump while Justin would give her a bottle. We'd be up and everyone would be back to sleep within 30 minutes. You won't get a complaint about that at all from me!
We went to Oregon to visit Justin's family and that did throw her off her schedule a bit, but towards the end of the trip, she was sleeping through the night again and has since we've been home. Can you believe she even lets us sleep in on weekends? I feel blessed to have the most easy-going baby ever. I guess after already "mothering" four babies, the big guy upstairs maybe felt I did my time.

Anyway, the plane rides were a success. I was so nervous to be THAT person with the screaming baby on the plane, but S was a champ. I think she liked the white noise of the plane and slept through most our flights. I also had to become more comfortable with nursing in public. I'm such a prude, I have a hard time doing it. I hate that people might be looking at me in disgust or even otherwise. We survived though!

While in Oregon, S had some firsts! She rolled over a couple times from her back to her tummy, she saw mountains and snow, she took her first trip to the zoo, and she met her daddy's cousins and aunts and uncles. I think she had a blast and enjoyed the cooler weather. I don't blame her, Texas gets hot as the sun sometimes in the summer.
Yesterday was her 4 month appointment. She's 25.5" tall (89 percentile) and 14 lbs, 11 oz (72 percentile). I don't know how, but I am growing a big girl! She's going to take after her daddy and tower over me by the time she's 8 or something. I secretly really hope that she slows down a bit on this. Everything is great with her. She's grabbing things here and there, but right now really just prefers to munch on her hand. She gets about 7-8 fingers in her mouth at one time and just chews away. I've tried to replace her hands with a teether and she's just not interested yet. She also babbles all the time. She's getting to be very noisy! She's FINALLY started to really like her swing and she's started to enjoy being in her jumparoo and bouncing.

She's so much fun now and I know its only going to get better! I'm a little sad that she's not my tiny little infant anymore, but don't read between the lines, I'm far from anxious to have #2!

No comments: