Tuesday, March 23, 2010

And oh yeah....

I'm having a baby tomorrow - March 24!!!

Doc and PA think I should be induced because my blood pressure is rising steadily and the swelling is just getting worse. At last week's appointment, I was at 3.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced, only slight progress from 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced the previous week. PA did say, "I'm quite surprised to see you again, this baby should have fallen out by now." Contractions have decreased actually and seems like progress is stalling out. Who knows how long this could go on....But thanks (note sarcasm) to the pre-e symptoms, they think it is better to go ahead and induce now, rather than wait another two weeks. I had high hopes that it would happen on its own between then and now, but it hasn't.

In the meantime, I'm either coming down with a cold or suffering from allergies. Sucks. I did so good for 9 months and then bam, Sunday I came down with a sore throat and runny nose. :-( Wouldn't ya know, before I need to be on my "A game". I think it could be allergies, as it seems to be all in my head. I feel "ok" otherwise, which is a relative statement for being 39 weeks pregnant, right?

So tomorrow should be the big day. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time. It hasn't even sunk in yet that we're finally going to meet our baby tomorrow. Our baby. The one we've been waiting to meet for almost THREE YEARS.

I'll update with pics and a birth story when I can. I hope its a smooth positive one and not some of the nightmares I've heard about.

Since I've been slacking, here's a couple last belly pics.

38 Weeks, 3 days:

And from today, 39 weeks, 2 days:

4 comments:

kristen said...

Congrats!! I will be praying that the delivery is a smooth and easy one for you and baby!!

Unknown said...

good luck!!!!

jCam said...

YAY!! Good luck, I can't wait to see her :-)

Oh and you look awesome in those belly pics. I hope I look that good at the end.

Brett said...

Eeek so exciting! Good luck! Though for all I know you might have had her already... :)