Monday, March 8, 2010

36 Weeks, 4 Days = First Progress Check

36 Weeks, 4 Days


I had my first progress check last Thursday. OMG that hurt ridiculously bad. Good news is that I'm already 2-3 cm dilated and my cervix is definitely "thinning". I didn't get an effacement percentage. I saw the PA again since my doctor had to go deliver a baby and she said that things could happen that night or over the weekend...or....I could still make it to my due date.

Well, I'm still pregnant as of Monday night....so obviously, I didn't hit the that night or over the weekend target. I reached 37 weeks yesterday, so this little girl is officially full term. I've been having contractions off and on and they feel more real than Braxton Hicks, but I guess that could be all they are since they don't seem to get more regular or progress. I also feel like I have a bowling ball resting on my bladder. I've had to ditch my rings. My clothes don't fit. I'm very ready to be done....albeit terrified to actually give birth.

Justin's terribly excited and impatient, well we both are, but I have more reasons I suspect.

My second progress check is on Wednesday and I am really not looking forward to another internal. I might actually prefer labor to avoid another one of those.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
just browsing through your blog and wanted to wish you good luck! My sister is due around the same time as you, by the looks of it!

Looking forward to reading your updates.
Anne

jCam said...

Yay for progress already! I hope she comes soon :-)