Friday, July 25, 2008

I hate things such as....

1) Being an attention whore and forcing everyone to wonder when you're going to pee on something aka (POAS Watch). Seriously. We don't need the drama leading up to your positive or negative pregnancy test. Pee on something. THEN tell us what the result is. 9 times out of 10, if you're asking IF you should test, you're probably itching to test anyway, regardless of any input. Ooohh or baiting with a symptom, such as being tired, peeing a lot, being nauseous (hey welcome to my world). So just test. Get it over with. THEN tell people. I'll admit, when people ask, I sometimes have encouraged them to test--after glancing at their charts and comparing them to previous cycles. But sometimes I've also suggested that they should wait. What's funny is people get very irritated when you try to talk some sense into them! I don't mind BFP announcements, when I see one from someone I "know", I'll be happy to offer congratulations. I'm very happy for them. POAS Watches to me are equivalent to nails on a chalkboard. And please please please don't post pictures of your pee stick. Yuck.

2) I hate that AF symptoms and pregnancy symptoms are *so* similar. I wish there was some magic light outside your uterus that would go off the moment of implantation that would just definitively tell you--without having to think about it....without having to go days more of wondering.

3) I hate that there is such a thing as infertility. I hate that TTC can't be a level playing field. I hate that having no trouble getting pregnant once doesn't mean that it can be so easy again. I am fine with having a range, saying everyone should conceive in 1-12 months. That would be fine. Understandably, some people would get knocked up right off the bat and that it would take others some time....I'd be thrilled with that. As long as everyone who wants one would get one (or two!) My heart breaks for those that can't even have one.

4) Pill pushing doctors. Hopefully this is self explanatory.
5) People that don't understand how their own body works. Or...those that don't need to.

6) Blocked tubes.

7) Crappy infertility insurance coverage. Boo hiss!

I love things such as.....

1) Having one of the world's most supportive husbands. I don't need to elaborate, I can't convey it in words.

2) Having two of the world's most supportive families, including extended families.

3) Getting crosshairs in Fertility Friend. For some reason, it brings so much gosh darn satisfaction!

4) Those who appreciate how lucky they are and how good they have it.

That's about all I can think of, and isn't that sad?

Anyway, update on me is that I'm 4DPO and my right boob hurts like a mo fo. Don't ask me what's up with that. I think the husband will be out of town this next cycle, so we're praying and hoping for a miracle. They happen to people every day....why can't one happen to me? This one?

"I've heard that it's possible to grow up, I've just never met anyone who's actually done it. Without parent to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don't go our way. We whisper secrets with our best friend, in the dark. We look for comfort where we can find it. And we hope against all logic...against all experience...like children....we never give up hope." -Grey's Anatomy

No comments: