Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Saw the Heartbeat!!!!

I had another ultrasound today as the doc wanted me to come back so they could better date the pregnancy. I saw the sac on the screen as soon as they reached it, it had definitely gotten bigger. We got to see a little flicker on screen and it was the most incredible thing. I could have watched it all day. It was measuring 153 bpm, which they said was about average for how far along I am.

I was measuring right at 7 weeks, 3 days, as previously thought based on my LMP, not a week behind anymore, which is great! I can be out of 1st Tri faster!

Not the greatest pic ever, but on-screen I could see it very clearly.

I've discovered that brushing my teeth is a bit of a challenge. I dry heaved over the sink the other morning, which was unpleasant. I've tried to be very careful since then about my technique and that seems to have helped. I'm varying degrees of nauseous in the mornings, I haven't thrown up yet though. It seems that when I get over the nausea hump, I seem to be incredibly hungry for just about anything and everything. Everything sounds delicious! It's created a bit of a dilemma trying to decide where to go for lunch. I'm worried I'm going to be that girl that gains 100 pounds. I'm already a little afraid to step on a scale. The good news is that I don't have a sweet tooth, so I'm not filling up on junk. My real craving lately has been a sausage, egg, and cheese McMuffin, which I haven't indulged yet, but by God I could have one now.

My biggest problem is just fatigue. I'm worn out from Roatan last week and we have company coming this weekend. I need to try to pick up the house, but I can't get off the couch tonight. I feel so lazy, but seriously, I can't function after I leave work.

I will leave you with a current belly pic. I am so bloated I have few pants that fit right now.



Happiness is the feeling you're feeling when you want to keep feeling it. ~Author Unknown






4 comments:

True Companions Plus One? said...

Congrats again on hearing the heartbeat! That is such awesome news!

I didn't have the gagging reflex while brushing, but my sister did. She said it helped a lot to switch to cinnamon toothpaste and use a baby toothbrush. Hope that helps you, too!

- MarcyIam

Juicy said...

I always brushed super fast and held my breath. If I didn't do that, I threw up every time. Awful. Definitely don't eat before brushing!

mats said...

love it!

True Companions Plus One? said...

Update, update! ;-)